Quick Installation Process
The Anti-Spam & Email Security Platform
SonicWALL Email Security has a 5-step quick installation process which enables many organizations to be operational in under one hour, while the Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service is enabled with one click and takes as little as 10 minutes to configure.
Five-step installation for SonicWALL Email Security.
Organizations can use the built-in Quick Install process to configure a SonicWALL Email Security system to get up and running once the system is properly licensed. Quick Install consists of the following steps:
- Network Setup – the IP address of SonicWALL Email Security and the Email Server.
- LDAP Set-up – the IP address and admin credentials for the LDAP server.
- Mode – Whether to turn on the system or run it in pass-through mode for testing.
- Junk Boxes – Turn on the use of junk boxes using the default settings.
- Connectivity – Test connectivity to the SonicWALL servers.
When flexibility is required.
The default settings used in SonicWALL Email Security provide many customers with the perfect level of spam, phishing and virus protection as well as improved end user satisfaction and minimal administrator management. However, every organization is different and while many solutions require you to change to fit their settings, SonicWALL Email Security lets you tailor the system to fit your needs. Below are just a few of the many features that can be activated and adjusted to ensure SonicWALL Email Security fits into your organization.
- Activate IP Reputation message rejection.
- Activate BATV protection to reduce NDR/backscatter spam.
- Activate DHA and DoS protection.
- Increase/Decrease spam blocking aggressiveness settings.
- Allow users to access and use their personal settings for spam blocking aggressiveness, allow/block lists and more.
- Add inbound or outbound policies for users, groups or everyone.
- …and much more.
Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service.
For SonicWALL firewall customers, activating the Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service takes one click and only minutes to configure. This service can be used stand-alone or in combination with SonicWALL Email Security.